A few of the quotes that I have had, at various times, on my writing board.
- I write one page of masterpiece to ninety-one pages of shit. I try to put the shit in the wastebasket. Hemingway to Fitzgerald.
- 200 words a day. What Anne Enright would have tattooed on her in the event of a midlife crisis.
- Be aware of the bear. Ken Kesey.
- Talk to your muse as frankly as you would talk to your friends. Allen Ginsberg.
- I just think there too much pressure on this idea of character. Find truthful moments first and character will come. And you will be surprised how it comes and will keep coming and it’s an endless well. Brad Pitt.
- When writing, just jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down. Ray Bradbury.
- I am not at all in a humor for writing; I must write on till I am. Jane Austen.
- It is never too late to be the person you could have been. George Eliot.
- Be as intelligent as you are. Mike Myers explaining the rules of improvisation.
- Writing is problem solving. Me. A reminder for every time I get stuck.